Thread: Plug in Latency
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Plug in Latency

Wait a second.... Are you using an Mbox? Because that is way different then my Digi002r I'm using. The Mbox if im not mistaken... you shoudl have the buffer low liek i said before, but also on the front of the mbox you need to adjust that mix knob it has.. which will mix in the audio coming straight into the mic ports. I don't think that the Mbox has a way to have no "slap back" latency for monitoring. Look and see if I'm right on this.. it might be on the Mbox2 as well. But I know that USB has alot more latency then Firewire. I think when my Digi002r is at 64buff the system has about 2ms latency and then the firewire adds a littel bit more. But I can't hear anything latency unless my buffer is above 128. 256 i start to hear a little bit of a doubling effect. But it coudl all depend on the player. Like i said before that i have a digi002r and its different. But I had a guitarist over last night going through sounds on Guitar Rig and i switched it from 64buff to 1024buff and he couldnt tell a difference. heh heh. Although when "I" play i deffinatly can tell a difference. All that aside. If you DO have a digi002r or 002 or 001.. and you are still getting latency. You must have some sort of plugin that adds latency. Like a Waves L3 Ultimaximizer or something. Because I don't think taht any of the standard Digi plugins have any latency... or nto that i cna hear anyways.