View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 01:46 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio Mic In's / Dolby Audio Bridge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
You need to change nothing in your DADman monitor profile.

For your setup you should create a 2x INPUT paths in IO Setup which leverage AUX IO from Pro Tools Audio Bridge 32:

Speakers_9 = 7.1.2 path, to accommodate the 9 floor speaker channels + LFE
Speakers_Z = QUAD path, to accommodate the 4 height speaker channels

Outputs - same as above - but feeding out the MTRX / DigiLink outputs (to DADman) channels 1-14.

Yes, you will be able to do Speakers, Dolby Binaural and Apple Spatial all at the same time. Use a 7.1.4 Re-Render as shown in the screen grab to feed into Logic.

DAPS Input = Dolby Audio Bridge
DAPS Output = Pro Tools Audio Bridge 32
PT Output = MTRX / DigiLink
PT Monitor Input = Pro Tools Audio Bridge

Once we get wider busses in Pro Tools you won't need to make 2 paths = floor, ceilings.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I trying to follow your instructions here and there is one thing that bugs me:

Do I need to create Auxiliary tracks in Pro Tools in order to get the routing from PTAB to HDX/Headphones?

If I don't do it, there is no sounds coming from my speakers and headphones!

IF I do it, I need to create separate axes for floor speakers, height speakers and for BIN mix on headphones. Only then I can hear something.

Also when I was making output paths I chose HDX in AUX I/O in order to get some sounds out of the pro tools and into MTRX/HDX.

Also this way there is a big delay from what I see in pro tools and what I hear on speakers and HP's.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Mac Studio Ultra, OS 13.6.5 MTRX Studio, PT Ultimate 2023.12.1, HDX1, Sync HD, BM Decklink Extreme 4K, Genelec's 9.1.4, Dolby Atmos Renderer, Avid Dock, S1, SoundFlow, Streamdeck