View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Cantar BWAVmixdown in AVID to PT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
No editor I know works for free. Some editors don't have any problem dealing with 8-track audio files, some even prefer that (believe or not). And there is the old school, who want maximum 2 tracks, even if their editing program can handle 24+ tracks.

Even if the editor will delete some tracks, it's the assistant editor's work to put the missing tracks back, before he/she makes OMF for sound post. Thatīs my experience, maybe I'm in lucky position.
If the avid editor has 8 tracks of audio (per take) and he cuts A/B or A/B/C and adds some music plus temp-fx. you can easily get 30 or more tracks. And that with 3 elements of production sound! AVID will not play that back anyway so I really envy you for working with editors who are willing to drag all original tracks along.

Also what I wanted to point out is that an assistant editor will also cost money so itīs not "for free" that someone puts in the missing tracks manually.

Your initial point was that itīs cheaper to let the editor(s) do this. My point was that if an editor does it it will take time and therefor money. Once you have the workflow going it takes about 10-15 minutes to conform a reel with titan.
With this in mind I wondered how it would be cheaper to let an editor do this manually for hours or maybe days (unless he works for little to no money).

I wasnīt saying that this option is not doable. Just wondering why it would be faster and cheaper if someone else did it instead of a machine.

On the other hand: On some films itīs sad to realize that the machines are actually payed better than the people

;-)))

best,

frank.