View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: 16 simultaneous I/O on 192

Sorry I disappeared for a while. Figuring out this problem is second priority to the other projects I'm working on just now and I've been a bit busy. Thanks a lot for your thoughts guys, I've learned some things.

And, I've figured it out is seems.

First off, I just didn't realize that there was such a thing as a digital AES connection. So that's one thing I've learned. I couldn't use the digital AES inputs on the 192 since I don't have the appropriate outputs on the digi 002 (unless I ran out of the 8 mono analog outputs into a designated A/D converter that had appropriate AES digital outputs, which would then go into the 192). So, that means that I pretty much do need to use an optical connection if I want 8 channels going from the 002 into the 192.

Up until now, I've been using the ADAT I/O located on the 3rd removable bay on the 192, and always had the pops and clicks. I only just now tried using the Optical I/O located on the enclosure. I think the proper name for these ports are Optical (ADAT) [Encl]. When I did this and had the clock source of the 192 set to Internal, I still had the clicks, even when the 002 was set to accept external souce through SPDIF. But when I set the 192 souce to Optical (ADAT) and the 002 source to Internal, slaving the 192 to the 002, voila! I've got 8 digital I/O with no pops or clicks!

I'm happy!

Thanks again!

Dual 2.0 G5
PT 7.4 HD3 Accel
OS 10.4.11
1.5 GB RAM