View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 suddenly became unauthorized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
You didn't list your computer, RAM, or OS version. It would be helpful.

Yes, it would seem you would need to go to iLok but I didn't see that in the installation manual either.

Did you try to update the app and perhaps tried to load PT HD? Was anything changed in the computer?

This is the first time have read about an iLok "expiring".
Hi Park, thanks for replying. I'm new to this forum and it asked for my OS etc when I joined, though I guess one would have to dig to find that info. But for the record it's a MacPro with 8GB ram, OS 10.6.7. No, I didn't update the app recently (although a few weeks ago I did download an update to Pro Tools; however I've run it quite a few times since then without any authorization problems). I haven't tried loading PT HD, it's just version 9 (and with the update, the version is 9.0.2). The whole thing just seems inconsistent; if it's true that the iLok is really pre-authorized, there should be no need to go to iLok.com; the fact that my going there solved my problem suggests that Avid's "pre-authorized iLok" scheme is not really working as they think it is. Or yeah, maybe as you're suggesting, perhaps the fact that I updated to 9.0.2 somehow flipped the flag that says I am authorized, and maybe it gave me 30 days of authorization then killed it. In any case, it's a pain. And it'd be hard to imagine I'm the only one who gets this problem; I'm just a Pro Tools newbie who bought it off the shelf and installed it out of the box. The only quirk in my case is I had a previous iLok account, but the Pro Tools entry wasn't even listed until I went through re-installing and re-authorizing the new iLok.