View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 01:42 PM

Default Re: i7 Builds - Specs and Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwaidu View Post
Okay, interesting. Luckily I don't need BT, have USB extenders from my machine room. And agreed on the post industry being still in dissarray re: ASI - I'm also a score mixer myself but I seem to be fine on Win with just running Macdrive here.

BTW you came to mind while I was reading the DAWBench test thread on GS - on the last few pages an user has popped in claiming that they are seeing a massive CPU efficiency increase in both Cubase and Studio One, on a i7-8700K Hackintosh. Have you happened to test PT performance on both OSes? If you had, it would be amazing if you shared the results here or in that thread. Any standard plugin loading test with identical PT settings (and the same audio interface) would suffice for "proof of concept" IMHO, it would be interesting how your results compared to this user (whose first language clearly is not english...)

The thread is here, I'll link to the page with the first post by user "AsiashA" on the matter, a lot of discussions about it on the following 2 pages, also with comments from TAFKAT (one of the DAWBench crew) and Psychlist (Microsoft's audio dev Pete Brown):

https://gearspace.com/board/music-co...hmarks-35.html

Interesting! I'll run some tests early next week and see how it pans out.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.