View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:54 PM

Default Hello all! Would like to introduce myself & ask 1 question.....

....a musician for some 35+ years (a bassist with some keys, git, drums etc. skills), I've been recording on ADATS & other "out-board" gear for ages.
2 1/2 years ago - after much "arm-twisting" fr pc-based recording friends - I purchased PT SE w. MAud Mob Pre. Mannnn, I suffered and endured the trials & tribs of learning the basics of pc-based recording as well as experiencing d@mn near every problem, error code, drive issues as well as latency, unwanted sound artifacts,lost audio files & poor mic'd signal capture out there. Ready to throw PT Se & Mob Pre down the toilet, I soldiered on & kept at it 'til I finally understood how this type of recording worked along with correcting the common causes of errors I dealt w. in SE. Now I'm ready to take the next step in PT as Ive reached the max in SE functionality; I need more capabilities!
My question- I'm not rich and am on a strict budget ; my requirements are
increased track count', improved efx & signal processing (with greater control of audo parameters) & an increase amount of loops. What's the next step for me in the PT world without going past $3-400? Thank you!