View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools won't record MIDI from Plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
It does seem like a bug. Can you try a different plug-in that generates MIDI? What happens if you try to commit the MIDI or instrument track? Also, does the track with the DB33 record successfully? Taking Trigger out of the equation, I presume you can record successfully from a MIDI keyboard?

MIDI recordings/clips are saved to the PT session file so no separate disk allocation.
Hi Dave!

Thank you for all the input!

So now it gets weird... Recording via Keyboard Input (I don't have a MIDI input device set up as I am currently between studio places) works perfectly well. Switching from Trigger to Drum Lever actually did record some MIDI events, but by far not all of them. Still I can see every event at the input meter and I can also hear every event from the organ.

Committing the track (you meant committing the MIDI/Instrument track with empy clips, right?) didn't make any difference.

Somewhere I read that changing the buffer size might help. Unfortunately also no difference.

I might add that since my reinstall PT shows me different buffer sizes and also the next window keyboard shortcut (CMD+[key next to left shift]) doesn't work in PT anymore. Something seems wrong here...