Thread: MTRX Studio
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 10:26 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
Honestly, I don't see the point in spending 5k on an audio interface with a Digilink connector only to not use it and use DVS.
It doesn't make sense to me.

You could get a Focusrite Red 16Line for half the price and get better latency, a great computer interface and excellent sound. You'd have Dante, Thunderbolt 3, Digilink (should you ever need it) and ADAT/SPDIF onboard too.

If you really want the MTRX Studio then I would get HD Native or a HDX card.
If you don't want to do that then get the Focusrite card- it will be more reliable.
DVS is, IMHO, best only used in emergencies.

I stopped using DVS even for Mac computer sound passthrough a long time ago.
The main issue you will have it DVS cannot chase a sample rate change.
Plus terrible latency.
Plus it is using your computer's processing power to pass audio- that slows down your computer (a bit), fewer plugins etc.

My strong recommendation is to find a solution that does NOT rely on DVS.

I do agree with you on some points. The Res 16line would make financial sense, but I want to keep everything within the eucon ecosystem. I can sell my SPL surround monitor and a get a good return on it back and just use the monitoring section on avid control app.

I also like the scalability of the mtrx studio as well. I’ve been working on quite a few Atmos projects lately, so that is worth considering.

The HDX card is a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the focusrite card, but I want all my connectivity in my studio to be AoIP. Would it just make sense for me to just go with the Avid cards instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk