View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: PT 7.3.1 completely dysfunctional: Help

Hello, Thanks

The plugin thing is not the biggest or a real problem, just confusing.
But the unresponsiveness is strange and frustrating.
For example in the new features digidesign describes that you can do actions on the fly while playing. But, when I do any action all sound is stopping... not really convenient.
If I go out of Protools for few seconds (minimizing or something) it takes minutes for it to become active again.
If I want to move the transport locater to another position it takes enormous time to start playing again > this makes PT unusable.
initializing a plugin takes ages.
Just every action makes Protools become inert and/or doing things in the background. In a way it is just impossible to work with it.

I've set the playback buffer to minimum to notice a very very little change. I can not think of anything else that can be tweaked because this PC is already optimized for audio (and additional tweaked conform the protools suggestions). Every audio app is working without these problems.

I noticed in the specs for 7.3 the minimal memory needs are increased to 768 mb. I have enough but I feel a big difference with 7.1. The recording project exists out of 6-7 tracks for 3 hours and almost no edits, just mix automation.

Is there a certain amount of pagefile needed for PT > now I have set it to 384 on my system drive C

Has anybody these problems?

GreetS
Eli