View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:35 PM

Default Having trouble opening Pro tools LE 8 version 8.0

I am a new user of pro tools. I recently purchased the Mbox 2 mini from a steves music store and it came with the Pro tools LE 8 software. I have a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard os operating system. After completing the installation instructions step by step, and being 100% sure that i followed them properly , i move on to opening up pro tools for the first time where i am supposed to activate Pro tools with an activation code. Upon double clicking on the pro tools icon the program begins to load however never actually opens. The little initial loading screen which has a green bar that shows the progress of the load and what is being loaded at the moment just stays there. The green bar stops at about 85% loaded, and the description reads: setting up peripherals, initializing machine control. And that is as far as i can get. At this point the program just doesn't open up and practically freezes. I have no idea what is causing this , my computer is only about a month old, and i just bought my mbox 2 mini a few days ago. If anyone can help me in any way i would really appreciate it. I am eager to start pro tools, and begin to learn how to use it, so that i may make beautiful music one day soon. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who responds. And a quick response is greatly appreciated!