View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Testing record with three DAW. Cubase, Sam & PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
You are right on the audio quality. But PT must evolve. For example, the routing scheme should have an overall window. I would like to visually see the full path of an audio stream from the input to the output, through all groups, FX, AUX, with indicating the inserts. A diagram of the full flow. Cubase has that. I also want to move a series of markers combined!

MIDI side, PT has real value and works very well for many things, but lacks 100 useful functions. You have to know what Cubase to understand that. PT users think they have everything in MIDI, but that is wrong. They do not know what they're missing.

Still, the central DAW is PT. That's why I came back. Version 12, for me, is very stable.
Cubase for MIDI work is light years ahead of Pro Tools. For simple MIDI stuff Pro Tools will suffice though.

Come mix time, I much prefer Pro Tools gui and workflow. If we are really arriving at a period of stability having got past the 12.2.0 hiccup, then let's hope Avid can maintain that while gradually enhancing MIDI features over time.

Please let's not reach stability, and then break that in the name of progress. We've had a rough ride since PT11 came out, let's hope stability will start settling down now.

But that is no excuse to stand still, Pro Tools has a lot of catching up to do on its MIDI functionality.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)