View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Crossfade not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Are you making a selection when using Command+F or just placing your cursor at a point in the clip? With command+F you need to make a selection for where you want the face to occur. If it’s a cross fade then the selection needs to be across the clip boundaries.

When keyboard focus is turned on, you do not use Command+F anymore. You use the keyboard letters for the type of fade you want on the clip. In this case, just placing the cursor where you want the fade to begin or end works and pressing the appropriate letter D for fade in, G for fade out, and F for cross fade (selection still needs to be made for this one) will do the trick.

Huzzam makes a good point that if you have auto create fades when editing turned on the micro fades will keep you from creating cross fades across an edit or clip break.
There are no small fades creates on these clips, they're just usually rendered clips from Izotope RX. Where is the preferences option to auto create fade? Is it preserve fades when editing?

Obviously making a small selection over the clips for the crossfade, normally command + F will bring up the crossfade window to create the type of crossfade.

Now interestingly, I just opened up the same session and it appears to be working as normal. Command + F triggers the crossfade menu, and just F auto creates a crossfade. Tested on both a stereo audio track, and dual mono. Worth mentioning that in this particular session I am only recording/editing/processing a stereo input in dual mono, with both tracks hard panned left/right and grouped for editing purposes. For testing purposes I just imported a stereo audio file, 16/44.1.

Other useful information to note, the session is 24-bit / 96 KHz AIFF interleaved.

Do you think there may be a conflict somewhere between mac OS and compatible audio plug-ins?