Default Re: Crossfade not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by izthewiz View Post
mac OS 12.6.2
M1 MacBook Air 2021
Pro Tools 2022.12.0
Subscription

Hi all,

I have been a Pro Tool user since the days of Digidesign, and I am struggling to perform a simple crossfade between a dual mono (stereo) waveform. Command + F, which normally is the keyboard shortcut for create fade does nothing, despite keyboard focus enabled in edit view. The keyboard shortcuts menu has command + F as 'create fades', and under the focus column the checkbox is ticked. When this is ticked I then get this error message when using the command + F shortcut "That command could not be run at this time".

Has something changed with all these recent updates? Simple fades can be applied to the top and tails of waveforms, but if a break is made in the waveform for editing/processing purposes, I can't apply a crossfade.

Any suggestions?
Are you making a selection when using Command+F or just placing your cursor at a point in the clip? With command+F you need to make a selection for where you want the face to occur. If it’s a cross fade then the selection needs to be across the clip boundaries.

When keyboard focus is turned on, you do not use Command+F anymore. You use the keyboard letters for the type of fade you want on the clip. In this case, just placing the cursor where you want the fade to begin or end works and pressing the appropriate letter D for fade in, G for fade out, and F for cross fade (selection still needs to be made for this one) will do the trick.

Huzzam makes a good point that if you have auto create fades when editing turned on the micro fades will keep you from creating cross fades across an edit or clip break.