Thread: Pro Tools 12.7
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher View Post
Unfortunately, for a lot of us, using another DAW for MIDI isn't a viable option because Core Audio is broken. But that's not really the point. Sure, we can probably use rewire and Reason or some other solution to get things working but we shouldn't need to.
We're not talking about using another tool because it's best for the job. We're talking about having to use another tool because the one that we have been provided with is broken, and we paid a lot of money for a broken tool. If Protools was advertised and sold as a program that didn't offer Midi functionality than the argument to use the best tool for the job would be reasonable.
But that's not the case. Protools is marketed and sold as a product that can suit the needs of a modern music maker and MIDI functionality is part of that advertised and documented package.
There are problems/bugs with MIDI in PT that inhibit any kind of smooth workflow. We shouldn't have to entertain the idea of opening up another DAW.
I second that 100%
and furthermore:
I am willing to pay annual fees for a professional tool I am working on a daily basis in order to support further developments of that tool.
In return I should expect bugs to be fixed within reasonable time. That distinguish a professional tool from the rest………

unfortunately that is not the case with Pro Tools anymore

regards
Walter