View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Protools 8 10 Day Demo Idea????

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
would it be possible to offer a 10,5,2,demo version of protools 8 HD before purchase? does anyone think this is a good idea?
in todays rough times shelling out cash for software that never works as promised is getting more and more hard to swallow
come to think of it software seems to be the only product i can think of that you cannot return after realizing that it doesn't work after purchasing it
dying to pull the trigger on this great looking version of protools..
can picture it now, installing 8 next to the xmas tree ready to open PT when all of the sudden...............KABLAMO!!!!! crash,crash,crash,acess violation,dae-900001,9000345,903456,

$249 for 8 or get the gf a more exspensive gift,
$249 for 8 or get the gf a more exspensive gift

tough decision Happy Holidays to All lets hope 8 is all that it can be
I think this is a great idea and an interesting concept in many ways. There would definitely be more scrutiny to the software before it got released knowing that people will not buy it at all if it was very buggy etc. It would definitely sway decisions for the better. Instead of, "We have to release this now or we'll lose money for the quarter" to "We have to release this bug free or no one will buy it and we'll lose money."

I'm 100% all f or this idea! Time to make this law!

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit