View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 11:36 AM

Default Re: El Capitan Support for Artist Series

Sorry Park, but I disagree. There are several people who work for Avid that check these boards regularly, & one of them has even replied to this very thread. I can't speak for anyone else, but all I really would like to see is a little transparency. If the people at Avid were honest with us about what was going on with the updates, it would be a completely different story for me. The product itself when working is great. If Avid changed their policy to one of transparency where they kept their customers appraised & up to date, I wouldn't feel like they didn't give a **** about me & that would also likely be the case with many others. It's called P.R. man. Their bedside manners SUCK. They remind me of our former Prime Minister. A little honesty & integrity go a long way with people & that is what is missing here. If someone from Avid would come on here & give an honest answer as to the situation, I would wait however long it took to update simply because they were being upfront about it. As it stands now, my Artist Mix & Transport are for sale on eBay along with my copy of Pro Tools & it's for no other reason than Avid's policies in dealing with their customers. Logic is a great program, comes bundled with a ton of great instruments, everything works flawlessly, so from now on I'm just going to turn down work that requires me to use Pro Tools & that will be that. OR Kyle or someone else can get their arse on here & MAN UP & let us know what is ACTUALLY going on. If I happen to see some concern & respect from them towards us, I might reconsider. I'll tell you one other thing too: If I was an Avid employee & saw what was happening here, you can be sure that I would take the issue to the highest levels to get the issue resolved & have the policy changed to one of transparency.

Guitarist - River City Junction
Producer - Tone King Records