View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM

Default Re: no sound with mic in eleven rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregklau View Post
I'm a little confused about this process. I create a mono track and then set the Input on the track to Eleven Rig L/R (There is no option for MIC except Guitar IN/MIC In which doesn't work). I can get sound from the microphone after charging the track when I change the rig input in the Eleven Rack window (or from unit) from Guitar to MIC. But it has the effect that I have on the Eleven Rack. How do you get voice without effects. For that matter, how do you get a clean guitar without effects? Very confused.
As you have no doubt worked out "Eleven Rig L/R" is the processed output of the Eleven Rack virtual rig, you want is the Mic input.

Guitar In/Mic in is a stereo paired input, it should not show up on a input selector for a mono track. Are you sure you are workign with a mono audio track.

if things are just screwed up, one thing to try is to "default the IO". Go to Setup>IO and click the "Default" option on the input, output and bus pages. Now do you see the Mic input in your audio track input selector button? All working OK now?

You may need to turn up the mic gain significantly (make sure the pad is off if so) and make sure phantom power is turned on for Mics 9e.g. condenser Mics) that require this.

BTW if on a Mac make sure you have the "Eleven Rack" selected as the playback engine in Pro Tools, and you are not trying to use an aggregate IO device, that can confuse things.

You record the dry guitar by selecting the Eleven Rack "guitar input" on a mono audio track. The guitar signal level will be very low, you may have to zoom in a lot on the track edit window to see the signal. All this is made easier if you start with the Eleven Rack session templates packaged with Pro Tools. And the Eleven Rack manual explains all this in beautiful detail. You need to open up and read that manual there is too great stuff you'll miss without doing that.

Darryl