View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 07:19 PM

Default Elastic Audio for Bass & Guitars - Questions

Hi guys,

I’m just learning elastic audio. So far I love it for bass, it seems to be working great. I’ve been using monophonic and managed to get things pretty aligned.

Someone on another forum mentioned that he stays away from EA because you run the risk of getting artifacts. He said that he did a bass track in EA which seemed fine to his ears but then when handed off to a mix engineer said they were unusable. This made me paranoid bc I’ve taken time to align bass tracks and they seem fine to me. Anything for me to be concerned about?

Also I’ve seen some people convert to x-form first before rendering or committing. Is there any good reason to do that, or ok to just commit after the EA editing is done?

Finally, do I run any similar risks of using EA for guitar and vocals, in terms of artifacts? I always use my ear as the judge and if they sound fine that;s my metric, but please let me know if something else I should be aware of.

Mostly I’m loving EA and just want to make sure it’s ok to keep using it for good quality results as I’m recording an album.

Btw, I DON’T plan on using it for drums. I may do TTT and basic slip editing for that. Many suggest Best Detective and maybe down the line but TTT to start.

Thanks for any input!!