View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Mix heavily Resonates sounds only in my car - JBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmly44 View Post
Room is fairly small but not reverberant or resonant also

Sent from my Infinix X610B using Tapatalk
Its not a matter of reverberation, but all rooms will have peaks and nulls. The smaller the room, the worse. And, the less acoustic treatment, the worse. Let's take an average bedroom of 10'x12'x8'. Each dimension is going to exaggerate a couple of frequencies and will cancel out a couple of other frequencies(we're only talking low end for this). So the side to side is messing up the sound, the front to back is messing it up at different frequencies and the floor to ceiling is messing up a third set of frequencies This is why acoustic treatment is so valuable(and foam does nearly nothing for low frequencies, despite any marketing hype). Now add the modest hyping of low frequencies in the speakers(common for budget monitors with small woofers) and the fact that most car stereos(especially with subs) are even more hyped. Great advice already, especially about using some good headphones to get a good idea of the "real" low end of your mix. This will be a learning process that involves a lot of back and forth and getting used to what you have, or making major improvements in your listening space

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave