View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 07:30 AM

Default Re: I might be adding another modeler soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieDyedDevil View Post
I won't be getting rid of the Eleven Rack. I'm keeping that for as long as it serves my needs...

I've been eyeing the Kemper Profiler for about a year. I said I'd reconsider it when:

1) they do a rackmount version
2) they implement performance mode
3) they have a dedicated controller

Point 1 was satisfied at Winter NAMM.

Point 2 is close to being satisfied: KPA firmware 2.0 is in public beta; it includes performance mode.

Point 3, it turns out, is satisfied not by Kemper (although they're saying their own floorboard will probably see the light of day this fall) but by FAMC. FAMC and Kemper have collaborated on integrating the KPA and the LF+. It takes less than a minute to sync the two units (a one-time operation) after which the LF+ buttons and displays automatically track what's programmed on the KPA. Also, the KPA's tuner displays on the LF+.

By the time I scrape together the $$, the KPA 2.0 firmware should be finalized...
Man, you know more about the current status of Kemper than I do - and I've owned it for over a year!

I had no idea there was any collaboration between LF and Kemper. I've been wanting a LF JR+ for a while now.

Having owned an 11R from its release and the Kemper from its release, I think both are great boxes. I prefer the Kemper, but it's significantly more expensive so one would expect it to be better.

It's very nice to be on the cutting edge of a supported product rather than at the bottom of a downward spiral of an unsupported product. (unsupported is my assessment (and the common assessment) -not Avid's party line).

I haven't looked around at the Tweed Deluxe profiles - which I recall you loved about the 11R. But if you keep the 11R, you still got those sounds. It'll only cost about $15 to get a bunch of Tweed profiles from The Amp Factory and see if you like those.

Over the last year I have missed some very specific patches I had on the 11R. I profiled a couple of them into the Kemper. But now, I find that most of the patches I missed, when I go back and play them on the 11R, I usually can find or make something better on the Kemper. But that's been an evolution - not something I heard right off the bat.