View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:31 PM

Default Re: APFS or Extended Journaled for session drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Thank you Jack very much.

Long process. Now is trying to figure out which of the three will be my boot, audio, and sampler drive.

I know Janne mentioned the OWC SSD Sata bay drive for O.S. since it's the slowest of the drives I have.

1. I think OWC 6G SSD sata II (OS)
2. OWC Accelsior PCIe blade (slightly faster) for my sampler library
3. New Samsung EVO 970 plus for Audio

Sound like a winner ? thanks

After all worked I will reset the Pram & Pram
My boot drive in my 2012 cheesegrater is a 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO on an OWC accelsior pcie card. Boot time from chime is less than 20 seconds. Samples are on a 2 TB Samsung 860 EVO on another Accelsior card. Sessions go on a 4TB WD Black in one of the drive bays. Finally my installers are all on another 4TB WD black in another drive bay. Everything is backed up to external spinners.

Works reasonably well enough for me up to about 80 tracks or so. The only thing that gums up the works is the Baldwin Parlor Grand from WholeSounds (running in UVI Falcon) as that loads a LOT of samples. Slows save times down and is why when I use that I put it in VEPro and decouple it and PT. Depending on what your needs are you might want to look into using VEPro especially if you use the sample instruments in your sessions. Works wonders on a single machine.

QAPLA!