View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 01:06 AM

Default Re: VENUE Mix engine compatibility

I found that running a mix rack with three cards in, after a time I added more and more plugs until I got to the stage where I was on the limit. I thought this was going to be a problem, but I realised that the more I used the system the happier I was to use more of the built in EQ and compressors. Now I use most of my plugin rack for effects, Trootrace, buss processing and the occasional special eq or compressor for money or specific/difficult channels. Being that I am running things like Eleven, Revibe, TL Space, Line 6 Echo farm, I think that there would have to be fairly extreme circumstances before I ran into problems again and with a little bit of advanced planning (lose Troo trace, possible lose one copy of Eleven) I could cope. Being that you are working with an acoustic outift, I would look again at your plugin list and think again about what you really need to make your show happen.

In the UK I mixed the Royal Marine band at a big open air concert using nothing more than an M7, whlist I would have prefered to have had the profile on that show, I didn't feel that the sound was compromised and the client was very happy.

Regards

Roland