View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 07:46 AM

Default Re: GUI freezes frequently with 2021.6 on M1 Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
There's a guy on the Presonus Forum (PreAI) whose reponse to absolutely everything is "check you've got the latest drivers, update every plugin". He says it regardless of the issue and defends it vigorously at all times. It's very dull and it's a distraction from actually fixing stuff or revealing where the application is at fault.
There are many forums that have these kinds of "advisors", Apple Support Community comes to mind, where people get "points" for giving copy/paste "advice". Janne is not like that. We are lucky at the DUC. Here people are generally polite and they read posts thoroughly before giving good advice when they can.

I support Jannes point about clean installs. I've been a believer in this for decades. Big part of my having stable working systems. I wish some one with these problems had the time and an empty drive to test it. Two or three hours should do it. And make backups along the way in case problems arise again. That's troubleshooting.

Added: BTW, I disagree strongly with Janne and others' determination that Migration assistant should be avoided. The only thing it fails at is transfer of large complicated programs like PT. I use it everytime I do a clean install, and as long as I deselect transfer programs, everything works fine; licenses, system settings, preferences, contacts, bookmark, passwords, everything. Makes the whole thing doable in an evening.