View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Protools 11 boots, but hangs on opening a session.

Hi Jack,

Mm I find it a bit confusing that your system profile doesn't show in the posts. What is the system profile for than? ok ok... I'll stop. I'll improve my signature better. For example I'll change my system to Mountain Lion Sorry!

Anyhow Thanks for your reply!

A few things:

- my iMac has a Fusiondrive 3TB (I'll add this to my signature, you're right about that) this drive is divided in two partitions HD-system and a Data partition. (on a Fusiondrive, you're allowed to make one extra partition)
- I've made for safety reasons a bootable copy of my internal HD-system-drive to an external drive, with CCC (carbon copy cloner).
- the first time the problem occurred was after cloning. The problem was solved by booting once from the external drive.
- Everything was fine for a few weeks, so I thought the problem was caused by CCC. But than without changing anything or any other obvious cause the problem reoccurred. The problem was also fixed again by booting once from the external drive and than reboot from my internal drive.
- what is remarkable, that it only affects PT11. All other applications including PT10 don't have this problem.

So maybe it is a specific problem from PT11 in combination with the Fusiondrive of an iMac. That would be interesting. And maybe helpfull for Avid and other users.

Protools 11
iMac late 2012 3.4 GHz i7 16GB Ram
3TB Fusion Drive
Mavericks 10.9.3
Metric Halo ULN2 Expanded - connected with thunderbolt to FW800 adapter to cable FW800/FW400