View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Protools 11 boots, but hangs on opening a session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo.K View Post
Protools 11 was working fine, but suddenly I can not open any session without crashing immediately, occasionally it opens a session, but than it is sluggish and not reacting to any input. Off course reinstalling, even went back to an image without protools 11 from a month ago and reinstalled Protools 11, didn't work. But hear this: after booting from an external drive and than reboot from my internal HD solved the problem. Protools works fine again. It happened to me twice now, of course the second time I immediately booted from external and indeed after that Protools was fine again. I don't think it's my computer, because nothing else than P11 has it. P10 was functioning normal all the time.

Does anybody recognize this?
If not than maybe this thread saves someone from reinstall his complete setup, simply boot first from another drive.

cheers
Hugo.K
First off you need to read this : http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

And then post back the info needed to try and help you. Another thing is PT should NEVER be booted from an external drive no matter what you experience. You should record to a second drive which nned to be a 7200rpm or more and NO green blue or passport drives.

Well look that iver and get back to us with the correct way of using the forum

Thank you
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————