View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 | Lucid External Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilliamsmusic View Post
Ben... took your suggestion. I purchased a C8 for $170 and it's amazing how tightly these old machines integrate with Pro Tools still. The only functionalities I'm missing from my 003 are the Save button and dedicated automation controls. Neither is a big deal.

I also purchased the Arturia Audiofuse 8pre as my new interface. Great converters and mic pres and it has the perfect functionality for my setup. I looked into RME, Focusrite, Motu, etc, but none of those fit the bill.

To everyone that lent a few words of assistance and suggestions here, thank you all so much.

I'm excited about moving forward!!
Wow. That's great to hear.
Hope it works out for you.

I don't expect the C8 to work forever, though. I think I read about some functionality be ing lost with new MacOS versions and M1 prcessor being lost already. Still, the longevity is pretty impressive already.

C8 tip, in case you don't know; Master Fader button: one click - C8 focuses your master fader(s). Second click - it shows your VCA faders. Third click - C8 is back on your tracks.

I use it all the time. I have a vca group for each major sections of tracks, so I can use the 'Master fader' button to quickly solo/mute/level any of them, and one more MFbutton click, I can work on the tracks and solo/mute etc, because I keep the groups not enabled. Great for workflow speed.