View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Work Flow for new project

Thank you for the articles and suggestions. I have been reading all I can about pull up and pull down at break neck speed. As I get into the specifics of the project, I'm sure I will have more technical questions. The destination for this is not back to film. In the past, for this client, we have delivered product on Digibeta. For this project I recieved word that they are contemplating having an HD version delivered on DVD. My next question is, is it possible to do this post work utilizing the 2 current systems that I have. Work rig = Digi 001 PT5.1.1 Home rig = Digi 002R PT6.4. Obviously I would need DV Toolkit for frame reference. If not, taking it to a studio w/ an HD system, although not ideal, is not a problem. Sidenote, I inhereted the system I have at work. I did not make the decision to buy it as the heart of our audio dept. Would Simul-DAT make life any easier for me? When it comes to the musical score, I would like to take Pro-Tools sessions with Quicktime movies (for the conductor) and record directly into Pro-Tools. Will this work? Is there a better way that this is done? Is there a method I should absolutely avoid? i.e. slaving Pro-Tools to video via SMPTE. Thanks for your help!!!!!........more questions to follow.

BJ Aberle
OS X 10.6.5
Pro Tools 9 002R