View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Was Given Free Hardware and 192s...Should I Even Try To Integrate with Apollo 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPastMidnight View Post
Good to know. Looking into it though, this requires HD/Ultimate as near as I can tell, so between the cost of a perpetual license and the Digigrid, it looks like I'd be sinking about $4k into a setup just to use the 192s, correct? For the time being, I have no immediate plans to leave the UAD universe but if I did/needed to later on, isn't PT Carbon about $4k too, and works just fine with the Native version of PT I am currently on?

I think about things because all of this stuff has always fascinated me and I hate (loathe) waste...and I always want to know if I'm wrong (or how I can do something better or whatever)....but looking into things, Darryl's making a lot of sense!
I think the point was you can access the DigiLink interfaces via CoreAudio if you go the Waves Digigrid route. And though how that works, you then don't need Pro Tools Ultimate. But this all seems a tortuous exercise unless you already had Digigrid or wanted it. And well, few folks do. Instead of trying to jump through hoops to make random old gear you have do stuff you likely don't need..., instead K.I.S.S. and spend time making music.

If old gear is not likely to get used maybe your friend really should just sell it. This stuff is going to just deprecate to $0 value. Reverb esp. can be great for selling stuff.