View Single Post
Old 11-02-1999, 06:19 PM

Default Re: MOTU 2408 vs Digi 001

zingsthings

Well, after hearing the Digi sales pitch (the Digi sales guy was extremely knowledgable both technically & musically) & seeing the demo, it seemed that the Digi001 had all of the features (plus the mic pres) of the 1224, & it was only $999 rather than $1299. However, when I started looking at the Digi001 literature, it looked like it didn't even come with a reverb plug-in (no preamp plug-ins either). As I said, when I attempted to contact DigiDesign, I got no answers. If you have to buy reverb & peramp plug-ins to go with the Digi001, you'll probably spend more than the $1299 of the MOTU 1224.

I find it disturbing that 6 days before the product is supposed to ship (the Digi sales guy said it is supposed to ship on Nov. 8) that Digi can't tell me what plug-ins are going to ship with the product.

Also, in my case I'm recording an entire band so the mic pres aren't that valuable, I'll still need an external mixer.

Because Mars Music has a 45 day money back guarantee, I'll probably buy each one (one at a time) & play with each one to see which one I like best.