View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 02:33 AM

Default Re: IAC driver MIDI input and Virtual instruments

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I'll try to explain.
My drum sound module (Roland TD-30) detect continuously my foot pressure changes and generates the CC of the HiHat foot controller to specify the foot pressure informations.
These informations are detected into SSD5 also as a sort of "ghost note messages" that generates very bad audible artifacts on the HH articulation. I cannot simply filter them otherwise I will loose the HiHat position informations, so I need to keep them but to avoid that they generate artifacts.
Searching on the WEB I have discovered that this is a quite known issue and the only solution I found is an Engine developed and customized by a very kind german guy that manages and fixes these errors. But it work on Reaper/Logic or else but not on Protools.

You're right, I could work entirely on Reaper to simplify the things but I work everyday on protools from 25 years so it is my very very very preferred DAW I would like to remain on it.

You're right, I could use Rewire to return my SSD5 audio signal back to Protools but I think that in this way I would sum the audio latency of Reaper to the audio latency of Protools and, since I use it for live recordings of my band the latency is an enemy to minimize. Consider that (not using any audio driver inside Reaper, but only MIDI) I think I reduce the CPU charge of Reaper at very few resources.

That's why I asked if there could be a simple way to receive MIDI messages from IAC driver and route them to SSD5 without recording them. A sort of MIDI aux-track or, as possible on audio track, to put a midi track in "input" mode but not in "record" mode.

I hope I have clarified.
Thanks!!