View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Can you save/load plug-in presets on the C24?

Kent,

The C24 is absolutely worth it even though it can't do this one small feature. Personally I have a Control24 and want to upgrade to the C24, but it's not a small task for me as it requires re-arranging the control room, switching out for a new desk which changes my entire workflow---not to mention some downtime, argh! HOWEVER the Control24 and C24 are the same in that what it does is provides an incredible workflow. No, it's not a DControl or DCommand which I also use (and provide to my clients, of course)...but what it does, it does incredibly well. I love when my clients say "I don't need a control surface, I can mix with a mouse".....well that's just not possible! You can set levels with a mouse, one at a time of course and oh it's not as smooth as riding a 10-bit fader but hey. And oh yeah, you have to be looking right at the computer and click with total precision. THIS is what the C24 is amazing at is WORKFLOW.... the ability to grab your faders on the fly, to shift down to tracks far beyond the 24-fader spectrum instantly, to assign aux's on the fly, change your levels, control your EQ, dymamics, etc WITHOUT having to use the mouse. It's all about workflow which saves time, but makes your material come out better because you don't get lost in the button-clicking. Make sense?