View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: PT7.2 session: Save Copy As PT6 session?

This is growing more puzzling. The destination drive appears to make no difference for the PT6 session copy. In the PT6 copy, the tracks are all there but they contain no audio; they are empty. The regions bin does list files with the expected path; that is, the path is for the Audio Files folder within the session copy folder.

Making matters less clear is that a few PT7.2 sessions I tried did work correctly insofar as generating a valid PT6 session copy. The sessions which did copy to PT6 correctly were smaller than the ones I'm now struggling with; meaning 40 tracks instead of the 150 track sessions I'm trying to generate in a PT6 format. I deleted tracks from the large sessions, making them 4 (four) tracks instead of 150, and they still will not generate a working PT6 session copy. It's as though the large PT7.2 sessions are corrupt in this very limited way.

As a workaround, could a PT6 session be built by importing tracks from a 7.2 session? I know we can import from PT6 into 7, but can 6 import tracks from 7 (with all associated data) using Import Session Data?

John-