View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Can I adjust the length of punch takes?

Quote:

I've been goofing around with it now. THIS is a most excellent set of tools. I'm getting blown away by the abilities of this system. I have been under utilizing ProTools greatly.

I highly recommend you read the manuals.

Quote:

I've got this picture of a session in my head right now. It's like the layers you might use in Photoshop. I have five or six takes. Some parts of the whole track might be one layer deep, others 3 or 6. If take 4 butts up against take 1, but I know take 2 is under take 4, I still need to go over to my region browser and drag and drop take 2 in "spot" time to get it into the session? And then adjust it's length. Or can I selectively "peel" back the layers? You know, like Photoshop.

well that gets tricky. Spot mode is the safest way to bring your takes back onto the track. but if you have several takes regions that all have the same start time, double-click the region in view, then with the selector tool (not muliti mode) command-click on the region. then a list should pop up showing all your multiple takes. see page 162 in the manual.

this method doesn't really work for punches though because it's highly unlikely any of your punches will have the same start time. it's better for multiple passes of the whole song or something like a guitar solo that was recorded in loop record mode.