View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 04:24 PM

Default Re: 003r clicking sound and unwanted signal on input 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Welcome to DUC.

Well your 003 is broken. The clicking is electrical relays. The 003 is not worth paying somebody to repair, even if you could find somebody who wanted to to that. Unless you are an electronics hobbyist, and if so I'd expect you would already be in there doing that.

So either live without that input if the others are working OK, or buy another used 003, or buy a more modern interface. If you describe what you need, connectivity options to the computer etc. folks here can make suggestions.

Hi Thanks Darryl.

I'm not a hobbyist but I don't mind fixing problems. I don't know what a relay is exactly but it looks like a tiny thing you pull out and replace by another one.

I don't need a modern interface as I am still using OSX 10.6.8. This is the most reliable operating system and it's been with me since release. I have a newer Mac system but I don't really like it.

So options are another 003, Fireface 800 / 400 or Multiface 2. I don't see me using anything else. I also have an mBox 2 Pro which works great, and so I can still use PT8.

Ideally I fix the relay. If it's the relay which is causing the problem