View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Question "Commit" and VCA automation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFilterLab View Post
That's interesting, so in the commit process it records all of the automation data to the committed audio. Which kind of makes sense. But after the audio has been committed does the VCA automation continue to affect the committed audio? I would think that it would be doubling up on the VCA automation. I'll have to do some tests on my end to make sense of it.
When you commit, you have the option to allow the committed tracks to have the same group assignments as the original tracks. If that option is checked, I would assume that you would then get the "double dose" of VCA automation you describe, as the VCA would still be actively controlling those newly committed tracks (or buses, etc.)

If that option is unchecked during the commit procedure, it would essentially "break" any control the VCA will have over the newly committed tracks, as the new tracks are not members of the group controlled by the VCA. In that case, you do *not* get the double dose of VCA automation.

Hope that makes sense! Would be curious to know the results of whatever testing you might implement on your end.