View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 09:49 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio and Dante Virtual Soundcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by glogulus2003 View Post
I would also recommend the Dante license for the virtual sound card. I don't think you need it for the controller though.

I had a hard time thinking about the routing matrix in Dadman and I think I finally figured it out. If you just think of it from left to right -- inputs to outputs -- it's a lot easier to reason about. I just think, "What input do I want to connect to which outputs". I found that asking "What outputs to which inputs?" never seemed to work. Maybe it's possible? It's just a lot easier doing inputs to outputs.

There's also the additional layer of routing that needs to be configured in the Dante controller application to route audio into the Studio MTRX. Make sure that the devices in the controller application have the same sample rate as what is configured in the Conf window in Dadman for Sync or else no audio will be routed. I set the sample rate in Dadman to "Adapt to DigiLink 1" which is the Studio MTRX and then use the Audio Midi Setup utility to set the default core audio sample rate for the HDX card. I think I do this because I've got an HDIO as well which clocks off of the Studio MTRX. If you don't have any HDIO interfaces I guess you can stick to "Internal"? Might need to check the manual to figure out which is best for you.

I'm a real fan of Dante and the Dadman routing matrix now that I understand what's possible with the two.

Hope this helps!
Yes, that is what I meant actually..-:). Get the license for sure.. Also make sure to save All and save your setting in the setup, that way it's alway there and Locked in. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS