View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:45 PM

Default Re: mezzo backup software

Hey Folks,

I am looking to resurrect the Mezzo discussions. I am wondering if there are still any known working iloks with the Mezzo 4.7 key running around or if anyone was ever successful at reverse engineering a functional copy of Mezzo 4.x. I have a Mezzo 4.7 rig up and running with an Exabyte 8505 8mm drive and have been working for the past few years to get all of the tapes (approx. 1200 ish) we created with this defunct software in the late 90's and early 2000's restored to new hard drives. I would like to duplicate the restore rig I have onto a few more vintage macs in order to speed up my restoration process. At this point I am about halfway through my stacks and am willing to help anybody who still desires to pull some archives off their old tapes or other Mezzo formatted media. The challenge will be the archive device if your tapes are not in 8mm format, but I am willing to bet the folks at Pacific Data or a few other places around the web would have some older refurb drives and software that could be acquired to facilitate the process. PM me if anyone is interested and we'll see if we can get this ball rolling again.

Peace!

Gearjunkie777