View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Putting mastered tracks on CD - questions

To be honest not that many, i was so impressed with LE that i didnt hesistate with pro. I was anticipating a lot of use so i just wanted to be prepared. Too be honest the amont of money you shell for Pro doesnt really reflect the differences between the LE version, by this i mean you spend an extra £220 and you really dont get that much for it, you just have to weigh up what you need i guess. The restrictions in LE are that you are only capable of running one VST at a time, whereas Pro lets you run 5. Alot of the DSP stuff is locked in LE but too be honest its mostly fancy stuff that makes cool sounds that you would never really use practically, the standard important tools are there. Obviousley if your not planning on mastering in Peak, i wouldnt imagine they would really affect you.

To put the programme in to context, heres an example of a recent cool thing i did in peak. I ripped a music concert DVD to MP4 with 320kbps mp3 audio. I then extracted the audio with peak, this left me with a 2 hour file. I then used the region markers in peak to create break points/track markers, you would ideally use this in a live recording situation. I now have the entire concert on my ipod, it sounds good, the song markers are where i want them. A little off the subject i know, but its a fairly comprehensive piece of audio kit.

Regards