View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:54 AM

Default Re: "Save copy in..." function copies files that have been cleared from session.

This may or may not be related but:

Ive noticed that if I have a bunch of stereo tracks, .L .R, in the bin, and they are within the triangle pull down (meaning the bin shows the file as one file, but if you expand the triangle, it shows each .L and .R file).

Now say I am only using the .L file in my session and not the .R. If the triangle is NOT expanded (this is in PT7.3) and I do a " delete unused " it will not delete the unused .R file. Only when you expand all the stereo files in the bin will it select those and delete them.

So, if the triangle is not expanded, it will not remove them. Then I do a save session copy in.. and if I remove the .R files I didnt need from the audio files folder, I get the msg that files are missing, but I cant see them grayed out in the bin right away, since the triangle is not expanded. But when I do expand it, ah, I see the grayed out missing files.

This whole reply is probably off topic, but by any chance are the files you are having a problem with NOT being removed part of a stereo .L .R pair?

In any case I find it annoying that the only way for Protools to delete one side of a stereo file in the bin is if you expand all the triangles. If you dont, and still truly are not using one side of the file, PT wont remove it.

MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ř Cancellation!•