View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 02:02 AM

Default Re: HD not a stable platform? ADC issue + more! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomof81 View Post
Alright, an easier way to do this would be to ask this question simply. I am getting at least one more process card soon(probably 2), until then what should I have my settings at if I generally use RTAS plugs (waves diamond bundle mostly) 99% of the time and need ADC to work properly?
Hi,

Have your delay comp set to long!
delay comp is influenced a lot by the hardware buffer setting!! the higher the buffer setting, the longer the delay caused by plugs. its a balance between the right buffer setting for your needs and whether the plugins that you use can operate on lower buffer settings, some of the high processing plugs don't like or won't work on very low buffer settings. i use 512 buffer setting and it works fine for most things. If i am programming or playing in live parts i will lower the setting or disable delay comp on just the track i'm playing.

Its a very complicated subject and you need to read the entire section of the manual relating to delay comp. then read it again

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.