View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 07:28 PM

Default Help solving Pro Tools error 9073

Hey guys. Im a pretty big lurker on the forums and I've run into an issue lately where I need some help.

Right now my computer setup is
15" MacBook Pro
OSX 10.6.6
2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo
2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Pro Tools 8.0.4 LE
MBox 2 Pro
250 GB OWC Mercury-Elite AL Pro (Audio Drive)

I currently have my MBox 2 going into the Firewire 400 port on one side of the computer. The OWC drive is hooked up through a FW 800 PCI card.

The problem I'm having is that when running larger sessions sometimes in the middle of the session it gives me an error message saying that the drive is to slow and it cant get the data fast enough (9073)

Some of the steps I've taken to try and rectify this (In Order)

1. Maximize HW buffer to 1024
2. CPU usage set to 90%
3. Literally running nothing but Pro Tools. No WIFI. Only Bluetooth is on for my Mouse.
4. Originally the PCI Expansion was pulling all power from the computer so I bought a universal AC to power it.
5. Re-Formated my Audio Drive. It was Mac OSX Journaled Extended now its just Mac OSX Journaled since I read that this is supposed to help performance.

Now I still am getting this error. Whats the worst part is that after the session freezes during playback and the rainbow wheel stops the system has ejected my Audio Drive. The I get all the messages about Disk Removed incorrectly etc.

Is there anything else to do aside from removing plug ins/printing?

BTW the RAM in this model will not go above 2GB.

Thanks for you guys help.