View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Producer Factory Pro Plugin Question

I had the same problem with plug-ins asking for authorization on every boot. I finally determined (after reading the "Read Me.PDF that comes with the LE Factory v2 CD) that all of the plug-ins for which I was experiencing this issue were associated with the Factory 002 bundle--and that I was therefore only authorized for the mBox 2 Factory bundle (much more limited).

That article states: "To manually remove:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE|Plug-Ins"

However, I also found it necessary to remove the corresponding plug-in items from folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE|Plug-In Maps" as well which the article does not mention.

In case anyone else has the same issue--here is the list of plug-ins which are bundled with each of those systems per the PDF file on the install disk:

Mbox 2 Factory
• Moogerfooger Analog Delay
• JOEMEEK SC2 Compressor
• JOEMEEK VC5 Meequalizer
• Digidesign Maxim
• Cosmonaut Voice

002 Factory and 002rack Factory
• Moogerfooger Analog Delay
• JOEMEEK SC2 Compressor
• JOEMEEK VC5 Meequalizer
• SansAmp PSA-1
• Cosmonaut Voice
• Tel-Ray Variable Delay
• moogerfooger Ring Modulator
• Voce Spin
• Voce Chorus/Vibrato
• Bomb Factory BF-3A

[Rant mode] I do think it kind of sucks that Digidesign includes these with no warnings that they are not authorized for the mBox 2 bundle and also do not provide a simple and easy method to remove them--It's ridiculous that I had to spend several hours researching this to resolve the problem. That said, ProTools Rules![/Rant mode off]

PS: I bought my stuff a couple years ago but was reinstalling it on a new machine--so that list may no longer be current--I dunno about that...
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5, OCZ XMP 6GB SDRAM DDR3 1600 OCZ3X1600LV6GK, Antec P182 ATX Mid Tower, Rosewill RBR750-M 750W PSU, Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 CPU Cooler, HIS Hightech H465PS512P Radeon HD 4650 512MB, 2x WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache, 1x WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache, XP Pro 32 bit, LITE-ON Black Blu-Ray DVD iHES206-08