View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Avid officially kills Sugar Bytes TransVST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
It's been a few days since I've taken the old high horse out for a ride, so here goes...

it seems that avid is commited to limiting it's customer's choices and options.

You know, this kind of crap gets really old...

Guess what...Avid doesn't sell french frys, either. Aren't those b*st*rds limiting our choices by not selling french frys?

Avid's goal is to make a profit. Avid sells software. Avid's goal is to make a profit. Avid allows/disallows interoperability with other products. Avid's goal is to make a profit.

Why is this so difficult for some here to understand?

If some action furthers Avid's goal of making a profit, they will probably take it. If some action does not further Avid's goal of making a profit, they will probably will not take it.

Some marketing guy may spout platitudes about "offering you choices", in the executive suites they just say, "Cool slogan, go with it. Now, how do we make more profit?"

It's really time for some people to grow up and learn how economic systems work...
Well said Bill

Total agreement here and as you said, time to lay this whole discussion about rtas and vst not working with PT 11 to rest once and for all. Posting all these threads saying Avid doesn't care about us and hosed here and hosed there is really tired now.. It is NOT gonna make Avid re-write anything in 11 and if you think it will ... It WON'T!!

Let's work on 10 until 11 comes along and for rtas/tdm usage etc use 10 and be done with it I am soo lookin forward to a brand new PT and I hope it will be as awesome as announced .. Hopefully!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————