View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Avid officially kills Sugar Bytes TransVST

It's been a few days since I've taken the old high horse out for a ride, so here goes...

it seems that avid is commited to limiting it's customer's choices and options.

You know, this kind of crap gets really old...

Guess what...Avid doesn't sell french frys, either. Aren't those b*st*rds limiting our choices by not selling french frys?

Avid's goal is to make a profit. Avid sells software. Avid's goal is to make a profit. Avid allows/disallows interoperability with other products. Avid's goal is to make a profit.

Why is this so difficult for some here to understand?

If some action furthers Avid's goal of making a profit, they will probably take it. If some action does not further Avid's goal of making a profit, they will probably will not take it.

Some marketing guy may spout platitudes about "offering you choices", in the executive suites they just say, "Cool slogan, go with it. Now, how do we make more profit?"

It's really time for some people to grow up and learn how economic systems work...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh