View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 12:27 PM

Default Inserts and Audiosuite Gain Analyzing

Hello everyone,

I am very much a beginner, I'm afraid. I have a feeling that my question should make immediate sense, but I am lacking in important information about how Pro Tools works, so I have to ask you much smarter people. I am trying to master recording my wife makes in Pro Tools for Audible's ACX program. I've found the Audiosuite Gain analyzer useful for identifying the various levels I need to hit, but as far as I can tell, the analyzer doesn't take into account any compression I've added, let alone other plugins, when making its analysis. I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but I will end up commiting my inserts, then analyzing and if I need to make changes, I'll undo the commit, make changes, re-commit, and re-analyze. Why is this necessary and is there a better workflow?

I appreciate your help. I'm taking a lot of flack for being so slow to figure all of this out because I'm supposed to be "the techy one". I also worked in broadcasting for 7 years, but never did any post work. I was mostly a camera/graphics op, but I did enjoy the opportunities I had to mix audio. So of course I should know exactly how to do all of this! If only it worked that way...

Thanks