View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Re: 6.7 Beta Testers?!?

Quote:
From the outside it all sounds so simple. Digi has one of the best, most organized beta programs I've ever seen. They work very hard to make it all come together. Trust me they are trying to make a great product.
I have to second this words, furthermore, the real issue with beta testing is that there are so many different scenarios in witch you would have to "stress" the App. to have a better idea on how well it is functioning that makes it close to impossible to pin down every single issue. In other words... I have seen so many issues here at the DUC that unfortunately for all of us are product of either lack of knowledge or lack of interest in following the well spread database of setups and "tune ups" to get the App. to perform at it's best.
I'm definitely NOT saying that aren't real issues but just acknowledging that WE as users sometimes do not give our best to make sure WE are following carefully the instructions.
ProTools is a very complex App., much like a Formula One race car, on the edge of the technology and having to adapt to the circumstances presented along the races (Change of OS, a poring rain of new plugins, Virtual instruments that eat the CPU alive... to name a few)
I feel very strongly that WE the users have to try to understand as much as WE can about the intricate details of the tool that is our (in some cases) way of making money. again, much like a F1 car, the racer knows every single detail involved on the construction and maintenance of his car.... his life depends on it.
Sorry if I got carried away, but I have learned in the hard way that many, many times I was not doing what I was supposed to do and turned the blame somewhere else unintentionally due to lack of knowledge.

PEACE