Thread: iZotope RX10
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 06:37 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
I TOTALLY agree with you guy about a lot of this. Also the Clarity thing is working great on a current project. It works as advertised. Whatever they are doing under the hood and with some crafting, I was able to use it on this new series I am doing and it totally sped up my workflow here. I have been using a bit of RX9 and some of 10 in some cases, but the less and less. RX is still a good tool for the clicks and pops etc. that are troublesome, but for the most part not really needing to go there. YUP, Spectral Repair, not really what I thought it would be. Repair Assist PlugIn for in the session? Not really great either. I think Sonible has better AI to be honest. That's what Izotope needs to work on. Just grabbed Ozone 10 Advanced update for $149 as well at midnight PST and installed. Not sure I'll use it this week on this job, but might compare it with Ozone 9 and check back. Also I noticed there is NO Standalone in the Ozone 10 Advanced version and looks like from what I read that there will not be for the regular one? Can't tell.. Something about a subscription based plan for access. Too bad. Sometimes the is handy on a laptop for me to fire off compliance masters to someone.
G
I rarely use iZotope's ai as is whether RX or Ozone; always tweak to taste.

You're not the first one to notice there's no standalone in Ozone 10 Advanced. It's being talked about over on Gearspace here: https://gearspace.com/board/new-prod...g-suite-3.html

Do you have another source for what you write? I'm not doubting it but if there's more sources it will help things. Also this subscription to gain access is troubling. I know there was a brouhaha some time back where those on subs would get features before they trickle down to those of us perpetual asset holders (most of which never happened). To take away something sucks to put it mildly.

QAPLA!