View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Question about guitar pedals

I have and use the GT-6, and I regard it is a powerful piece of equipment. I use it without an amp on much of my recordings and get a very natural sound ... so much so that my musician friends cannot tell which songs were direct out from the GT-6 and which were amplified. You loose natural feedback and some sustain when recording the pedal directly, but unless you need those high-gain qualities, the sound is spectacular. Plus you get a S/PDIF direct out on it that can be directly plugged into a 002/002R and save your analog inputs for other duty. Of course, if you want to crank it up through your existing amp, the GT-6 shines brightly.

Oh, did I mention that there are literally hundreds of sounds useable right 'out of the box'? Go from a bluesy overdrive to a scooped metal to an ethereal flange to a jazz chorus clean to a synthesised sitar with the turn of a dial or a step on a switch. Every guitar effect you can imagine can be (re)created with this processor. The only thing missing on it is a real tube.

If you play guitar -- GET ONE NOW!!! For the cost of buying 4 standalone guitar pedals, you could have this unit that replaces scores of stomp boxes, wah-pedals, tuners, pre-amp modelers, equalizers, and more!

CrossFire Studios