View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Recording from the full sized Venue D-Show

As Valentyn said, you need a card in the Venue, there are several options, only option for easy recording is the FireWire card but that is limited to 32 channels, it is possible to record a total of 128 channels from D-Show but you need HDx or MADI cards in the Venue for that number and on the computer side you need a HDX system with enough cards to have the number of I/O you want from the Venue.

In my case I do track 64 channels of audio from Venue using a laptop so, for that I have a HDx card in the Venue, then I have HD Native Thunderbolt interface with the Laptop and two DigiLink cables connecting the HDx cards in the Venue to the HD Native Thunderbolt. Check the pics of the card and the HDN TB interface online and you should understand and see that HDx card has 2 "32 channel" ports and so does the HD Native have 2 "32 channel" ports. They are slightly different in size so with the DigiLink cables you need 2 adapters on the one end that converts the "bigger" connector to smaller one found on the HD Native Thunderbolt.